Motor Vehicle Accidents

Motor Vehicle Accidents

If you’ve been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident involving a car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle or as a pedestrian, you need to focus on recovering from your injuries. For over thirty years, Gary Levine has been helping clients injured in accidents obtain the compensation they need and deserve for the losses caused by their injuries while they focus on recovering from their injuries. 
Motor Vehicle Accidents

Compensation for Your Injury

In all personal injury cases, you are legally entitled to compensation for all of your past and future lost wages and benefits from your job, all past and future medical expenses and other expenses related to your injury, and additional money for your past and future pain and suffering including scarring and permanent loss of use of a body part. The amount of compensation for pain and suffering depends on the severity of your injury, how it affected your life, for how long you suffered pain or discomfort, and whether your injury is permanent. You can receive compensation even if your injury was partly your fault. 

Claim of a Spouse

Accidents often have negative effects on a marriage. Spouses also suffer when an accident victim is injured. In these cases, your spouse can also receive compensation for the impact of your injury on the marriage. This is called a loss of consortium claim which essentially means the disruption in your marriage resulting from the injury that caused a loss of companionship, comfort, intimacy.

Investigation and Proof

Investigation of personal injury cases is often the key to a successful result. It is very important to conduct an investigation as soon as possible to ensure a full recovery on the claim. This involves obtaining statements from witnesses, photographing and measuring the accident scene and the vehicles or equipment involved in the accident, and preserving physical evidence.

Gary Levine works with experienced investigators and a variety of experts in accident reconstruction, construction, and property maintenance to prove fault as well as economic experts to prove future lost wages and benefits, and medical experts to prove the severity of an injury and that an injury was caused or aggravated by the accident.


There are frequently many insurance policies that will cover your injury. It is important to investigate the existence of all possible insurance policies to maximize the amount of money you can recover. This includes policies for the driver who caused the accident, policies for the owner of the vehicle that caused the accident, and your own policy.

Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists

Rhode Island law requires all vehicles to have insurance. Unfortunately, not all vehicle owners obey the law and many accidents are caused by uninsured vehicles. Sometimes, an accident is caused by a hit-and-run vehicle which makes it impossible to identify any insurance company for the vehicle.

If you were injured in an accident by an uninsured vehicle, your insurance policy may offer uninsured motorist coverage for your injury. You can receive the same type of compensation from your insurance company for an uninsured motorist claim just as you would if you made a claim against the at-fault driver.

Sometimes, the vehicle that causes an accident has insurance but not enough to fully compensate you for your injury. In that case, the uninsured motorist coverage in your insurance policy acts as under-insured motorist coverage so your insurance company will pay you extra money in addition to what you receive from the at-fault driver’s insurance.
Share by: